In the heart of Kaunas, you can find a possibility to enjoy the benefits and relaxation of Russian Sauna (Banya). It is popular amongst many heat and steam amateurs for many years. We are offering you a possibility to choose between the main Public Russian Sauna and smaller private ones comfortable for up to 6 or up to 20 people.
The health benefits of using a sauna go far beyond the leisure and beauty. It is scientifically proved that sauna has a strong impact on the health and the general well-being.
Sauna Health Benefits:
- Improved blood circulation. The circulation of blood increases in whole body because of the heat and it ensures a complete detoxification, oxygenation of body tissues and also, an optimum distribution of nutrients.
- Because of the profuse sweating the harmful elements, impurities, heavy metals and toxins are expelled completely thanks to the bath-brooms and hot steam.
- Boosted immune system. During a sauna session, the temperature of our skin shoots up to over 40°C, while the internal body temperature rises up to 38°C. This is a kind of simulation of the fever and it stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies and white blood cells that fight with our diseases.
- Increased intensity and frequency of metabolic rates. Sauna is a great tool for those who want to lose weight or reduce cellulite.
- Muscle toning, joint pain and fatigue relief.
- Improved sleep.
- Reduced daily stress and fatigue.
- It is a time-tested cure for various respiratory ailments, such as chest congestion, bronchitis, sinusitis.
- The heat destroys many disease-causing viruses and tumors, thereby preventing recurrent infections.
- Do not forger to drink plenty of water before sauna session to compensate the loss of the salt and water caused by the profuse sweating.
- It is recommended to spend no longer than 35 minutes in sauna, not considering the amount of sessions.
- Before going to the sauna try to relax and rest for about 10-20 minutes.
- Do not consume alcohol while using a sauna.
- Saunas are not recommended for pregnant women and individuals who have heart issues.
- The ideal time for a sauna session is early morning or bedtime.
- If you have a dry skin – the best way to moisturize our body is by using the woolen towel. If it is oily – cotton towel.